Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Life is a bed of roses-- remember to watch out for the pricky bits

How is it that life can completely and utterly suck ass and such, but one is not to take life so seriously? I find myself conflicted about this almost daily. How can it be? I am a jobless (because I can't find a stinkin' job, not just cause I like chillin at home day after day after day after day after....well, you get the idea) 30 year old chunker with a measly associate of the arts degree and a car that has developed an unhealthy aversion to temperatures over -5 degrees. And yet, I just can't seem to properly wallow in round-the-clock self-misery. That's not to say I don't have the short-lived pity party now and again, but overall, I just keep figuring everything will work out one way or another. I mean, c'mon--I'm on good standing with the big guy, I'm a fairly decent human being who is kind to most children and animals (with the exception of the slimy, icky, mean ones) and I figure I've already had my share of crap sandwiches in life and such---so it has to work out, right? It always does, one way or another.

Why is it that folks say happy as a clam? Do clams really seem like overly cheerful figures to some? I personally think clams might be more of a snarky sort. Wouldn't you be snarky if your entire life was waiting to be picked up by an animal or human, only to have them beat the holy livin' crap outta ya, rip your insides out for their din-din, then chuck your sad little shell aside like garbage? Sheesh, I think that'd be annoying as heck. No wonder they suppossedly spit at ya. ( I can hear it now, "So there! Take that--right in the eye you foul beast!") I hope they aim.

I am now taking a double dose of this pay attention medicine. I feel that I can safely say it not only isn't working, it's making it worse! I have been in the middle of a sentance--in the middle of a word, and I completely forget what I was talking about. And I keep getting distracted by things that even I can normally ignore/resist. Like the birds outside my window or the BeBe's kids that live two houses down from my apartment. I should probably call my doc and bring this to his attention. But I'll probably forget. It's already fading.

Hot Fuzz looks like such a good flick. I can no wait until me and my bitter buddy can go forth and see this righteously awesome film. Wow---that sounded cheese-head-dorky-beyond-comprehension, even to me.

Who on earth came up with the title chitty-chitty-bang-bang? Or tiki-tiki-tembo-no-sae-rembo-blahdy-blakdy-blahdy-blahdy-blah? I know I dig weird names and all, but come on. I would never get a pet and name it something like horse-radish-shovel-doo-doo-loo-loo-boolly-woolly-grits-remote-control-shiny-chicken! That would be just plain wrong. What kinda whackos are these people? Good grief!

Asta luigi!

No comments: