Thursday, May 3, 2007

Cadaver Day was soooo cool

This morning I willingly woke up at 7 and was showered, dressed and out the door by 7:45. My good buddy Bitter Boy asked his instructor if I could join their Human Bio class for today so I could take part in today's lesson. You see, in my Human Bio class we never saw any actual human stuff--we got to see a baby pig disected and a rat heart, no human junk at all. Bitter Boy's class was going to see a human cadaver and the instructor dude let me tag along. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool! It was like Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one! So anyway, we trooped up to the cadaver room and crammed into the tiny space to crowd around the table. On said table was The Cadaver.
WARNING: the following sentences may be a bit much for those of you with wimpy tummies. The Cadaver's skin had been removed from most of the body to allow viewing of the muscle structures. I'll sum this up as much as possible so that y'all don't get too icked out. Instructor pointed out various things, explaining an abnormality in one lung and such. Myself and 3 others stayed after the rest of the class had left to examine things a bit more closely. I got to examine the heart, lungs, intestines, gall bladder, liver, diaphragm, spleen and so forth. By examine I mean poking around and such. I found out that the gall bladder is green and that a belly button looks downright weird when there is no tummy skin around it. Coolest morning ever in my book.
Okay, welcome back to the wimpy tummy folks! When the instructor had finished pointing out stuff he announced that people could leave if they wanted or stick around for further explanations and the like. I crap you not, that room cleared out as if he had announced that he was preparing to detonate a nuclear warhead. It was hilarious, only like 4 people stayed--including me and Bitter Boy.
Well, that's it for now. Blog at cha later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All i got for ya is one simple word.




EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW



ps.. me likey the new colors.. much better than valentine barf

Anonymous said...

I second the caron motion of EWWWWWWWWW!
Kizzle

Anonymous said...

I have read more disturbing things then that. I mean, come on, Steven King anyone? That was not that bad. I guess that I should point out that I have also seen a Cadaver. Of course, that was in high school, so its been a while, but still. My mother, whom I volunteered to go on the field trip with us, did not have that great of a time with that one.
Love ya, Jamie