Saturday, November 3, 2007

Funny vs. Pathetic

I went to the video store to rent movies tonight. I do that a lot because I am a loser and I have no life. But it's cool. I'm totally in the know about all the latest and greatest flicks. So that's something. Anywho, I wandered around the store trying to decide which movies I was in the mood for. I had wandered from the Zs all the way to the Cs when the store manager dude popped up in front of me. He asked if I needed any help and I told him I was just dandy. Then he asked if I had seen the movie Captivity yet. When I told him no he promptly plopped the movie on top of my stack of movies and informed me it is right up my ally. He said I definitely wanted that one, everybody wants that one. Cause it is "like Hostel or Saw and stuff like that", stuff folks like me dig. I thanked him and started toward the register. Then I hear some dude ask the manager dude if he has any copies of Captivity left and manager dude tell him he just gave out the only copy they had in tonight. Now, I was all impressed with my own influence type thing with manager dude--I mean the dude knows what kind of movie I like and makes sure I get the best of the sick twisted flicks available. Cool huh? Kinda. You see, after a moment it hit me that this may be less cool than I originally thought. It may signify that I am so pathetic and so without a life that I actually frequent the video store enough that I am becoming sort of a fixture. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Am I pathetic? Or was the little video store incident just the stuff of goofy anecdotes? Puzzling. Regardless, I shall let you know if the movie is cool or not.

I completely and utterly loathe homework.

Silence! I keeell you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're cool in my book. Of course my book doesn't get checked out a lot. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.